The kidneys are cute, bean-shaped organs which perform a wide array of body functions. These include regulating blood pressure, distributing minerals throughout the body, managing red blood cells, releasing essential hormones and regulating acid-alkaline levels. If the kidneys are not functioning well, they could lead to the development of kidney stones (and other life-threatening infections). Here are five organic, natural homeopathy options for treating kidney stones.
The Symptoms Of Kidney Infections
The kidney performs a truly vital task, because all the blood in the body travels through it each day. It cleans the blood of any waste, of which all waste is excreted out of the body as urine. The general signs of a kidney infection include back, side and groin pain, a burning feeling or sensation when urinating, fever, frequent urination, hematuria or blood in the urine and abdominal pain. If you wish to treat kidney stones and other kidney-related infections through natural therapies, the natural and organic options can actually be found in your kitchen.
5 Fruits and Veggies That Help Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are perhaps one of the most painful medical conditions. The stones (or renal calculi) are actually solid crystal masses, which vary according to the type of the stone. They can form anywhere in the urinary tract, block the flow of urine, and cause intense pain. Here’s an overview of five fruits and veggies that many naturopathic nutrition advocates recommend for the treatment kidney stones.
- Ginger. Ginger is popularly used all over the world, for cooking and traditional medicine. It contains an active ingredient called “gingerols”, which is an antibacterial agent that effectively halts the spread of bacteria within the kidneys. If you’re suffering from kidney stones and other infections, drink ginger tea on a daily basis.
- Parsley. Parsley is one of the best natural therapies for treating kidney stones. It contains vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, B, C, potassium, riboflavin, copper, thiamin and sodium. These nutrients promote healthy cell development, fight infections, repair body tissues, and regulate fluids within the body. Add parsley to your daily diet, by taking it as a tea. Crush or cut parsley, place in boiling water, and then after 4 minutes strain out the parsley, and drink 3 to 4 times daily.
- Apple Cider Vinegar With Honey. Apple cider vinegar has been noted as a potent detoxifier, because it helps break down mucous deposits in the kidney, liver and bladder. When mixed with honey, apple cider vinegar provides a potent 1-2 punch against kidney stones. Mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons honey, place in an 8-oz glass of water and drink once a day.
- Garlic. Who thought garlic was just great for spicing up food? Garlic can actually help lower bad cholesterol levels, and it can help ward off certain cancers too, as well as treat kidney stones. This herb is considered a diuretic, hence it helps get rid of excess salt and water from the body.
- Aloe Vera. Another homeopathy alternative medicine herbal favorite is aloe vera. It has potent antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and it’s known to lessen the pain related to kidney stones (since it soothes urinary burning). You could drink it as a juice twice daily.
If you suspect that you have kidney stones or some other kidney infection, you may of course, consult with your physician. However, if you’re looking for homeopathic medicine or natural therapies, then you can ask for help from professional natural health or herbal medicine experts in your area.